Top following introduction of Artificial intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence is concerned with the design of intelligence in an artificial device. The term was coined by John McCarthy in 1956.
- Intelligence is the ability to acquire, understand and apply the knowledge to achieve goals in the world.
- AI is the study of the mental faculties through the use of computational models
- AI is the study of intellectual/mental processes as computational processes.
- AI program will demonstrate a high level of intelligence to a degree that equals or exceeds the intelligence required of a human in performing some task
- AI is unique, sharing borders with Mathematics, Computer Science, Philosophy, Psychology, Biology, Cognitive Science and many others
- Although there is no clear definition of AI or even Intelligence, it can be described as an attempt to build machines that like humans can think and act, able to learn and use knowledge to solve problems on their own