To change the mbstring configuration in PHP 5.6, you can follow these steps:
- Open the php.ini file:
- On Linux systems, you can find it in the /etc/ directory.
- On Windows systems, you can find it in the PHP installation directory.
- Look for the following lines in the php.ini file:
;extension=php_mbstring.dll ;extension=php_exif.dll ; Must be after mbstring as it depends on it
Remove the semicolon (;) at the beginning of each line to uncomment the lines.
- Save the changes to the php.ini file.
- Restart the web server for the changes to take effect.
After completing these steps, the mbstring extension should be enabled in PHP 5.6. You can verify this by creating a PHP script with the following code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
This script will display information about your PHP installation, including whether the mbstring extension is enabled or not.